My Photo
Name:
Location: Park City, Kansas, United States

I am saved by grace and because I believe in the true healer and forgiver, Jesus Christ. I have been married to a wonderful, gentle, respectful, handsome, and loving man for almost 4 years. We have a cute little doggie named Ranger who is happy all the time and stinks a little.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Baby! Yes, it's Ranger!


After reading about everyones day and seeing how busy your kids keep you, I thought I would share the joys of my dog. Yes, he is MY baby. He is far from the work all of you go through with your real children, but I am trying to fit in here. Here is a picture of Ranger really wanting to come in but James won't let him.

Let me tell you about a day at my work. Okay, it usually starts with answering my phone messages (there is usually at least 10). Then I move into my email which there could be up to 15 new messages. Throughout the day, many people come into my office with concerns dealing with the basics of due dates and can range to children in crisis' which my staff are seeking assistance on. Now that I have gotten through all my messages, I receive about triple the amount in phone calls and additional emails throughout the day. Down the hall I hear my co-workers cussing at each other saying things I so wish weren't in our vocabulary. When the day is over, I can know that God has me here to be a light and I can go home knowing that His purpose is perfect and He will take care of the next day. I love my job!

Sometimes I feel so out of place with what I do and that most of you stay at home and work with your children. I feel inadequate but them I remember the peace of being where I should be and that is right here. Thank you Jesus that we all are needed in our uniqueness.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I hope I don't sound incredibly depressing. It has just been an eventful day in the life of ME.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Travis R. said...

You are right, Steph. God has you EXACTLY where He wants you right now. Galatians 6:9, girl!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Jennette said...

Steph
Travis and I feel that we can not let this go on any further with out saying something. I mean that's what true friends are. We feel especially strong about it due to the fact that you are the youth pastors and your children are a reflection of the kind of leadershiip and role modeling you as parents give. With that said...you need to have a sit down with Ranger about the amount of eyeliner he's wearing. I mean he is a boy, should he even be wearing eyeliner at all? What are you raising anyway, some sort of Marilyn Manson loving freak?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Thanks for the loving and thoughtful advise Jennette. I know it is truely from your heart to help James and I through the rebelious years Ranger is going through.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home